Sunday, March 20, 2011

You can tell it's getting closer because....

- Sleeping has become nightmarish. If I'm not waking up every two hours to go to the toilet then it is every other hour to roll to the other side and *try* to get somewhat comfortable again.

- I keep catching myself in the mirror - and thinking - crap this baby is going to be huge! (I think I look massive)

- Point number one above only happens when I can actually get to sleep in the first place.

-My back aches if I stand in one place for even a minute.

- I feel pretty average most days and am having trouble believing that there is still 4.5 (possibly more!!) weeks of this to go.

I am just getting so tired and I know that is why I made the decision to keep Harris in childcare three days a week but actually relaxing on those days is a whole other story. I want to relax but there is so much that I want to do before I have that haze of newborness again and I know that just doing the dishes from breakfast will be a challenge.

We have such great routines in our life and Harris is very routine driven and I am anxious about how it will all pan out. Harris is extremely attention needy - he is not the type of child you can give him something to play with and leave him to it - he needs you to be there playing with him.

Then there is my little anxiety issue - where I need things to be done a certain way or I start to feel anxious and out of control - these are all the things that I need to figure out once this little bub comes along.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. I think you're amazing Andrea :) DOn't ever forget the amazing things you are doing with your life at the moment. I'm sorry you're feeling a bit ordinary - I remember it well
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh the way you are feeling at the moment sounds pretty sucky!! So I hope for your sake the baby is on time and not late. Good on you for leaving Harris in daycare a few days a week so you at least have the option to rest if you choose.

    Unfortunately I don't think there are many toddlers out there that like to keep themselves amused and if there are, then I have lucked out too! Eva is the same, if I'm not on the floor playing with her then she is at my feet all day. It is very rare that she is not with me. If she isn't and the house has gone quiet... I know she is into mischief!! LOL

    I am sure that once baby #2 arrives you will be fine. Just remember that at least this time you know what to expect!! Enjoy the time you have left and I look forward to lots of pics!! Nicole xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You SO do not look huge!

    The feeling of "I've too much to do before the baby comes" is perfectly normal. You'll be fine. :)

    We all survived; promise you will too.

    ReplyDelete