Friday, April 15, 2011

39 Weeks Pregnant and at peace with it all...

Today marks 39 weeks pregnant and while I am over people commenting on how big the bump is and feeling like I am taking up too much space wherever I go - I am at peace and taking the opportunity at every moment to enjoy life without the demands of a newborn.

I know that newborns are easy to bundle up and take with you and are generally not too demanding - when they demand something they usually want it now.

I found that aspect really hard to get used to last time - especially when as an adult person you are used to being able to set your own agenda and do things in your own time frame.

So this morning I went to the fruit and vege markets on the Southside of Canberra to grab a few things. I came across a recipe for some beautiful looking Honey Baked Pears that I wanted to try so I was picking up the ingredients for that plus a few other things.

I didn't realise that these markets had such a beautiful sunny aspect in the mornings and I spent close to an hour just sitting in the morning sun with a local newspaper and my coffee - literally soaking up the sun and quiet and me time. It truly was blissful and I am grateful for having that opportunity presented to me this morning.

I usually do my Fruit and Vege shopping at the supermarket and am continually dissapointed by the quality and variety available there - but after my trip this morning - where I was enamoured by the experience and loved soaking up the people and the surrounds - not to mention drooling over some of the gourmet goodies at the Deli - I think that I may have to spend every Thursday morning there doing my Fruit and Vege shop.

ps. I bought a whole pineapple which I intend to eat all by myself - apparently Pineapple can help Labor to get going. Love old wives tales...

post signature

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful morning Andj. I love whole pineapples. Mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey andrea
    Just wanted to sy for me this time its not the newborn that im finding demanding its having a 1 yr old that although fine with the bubs and has adjusted really well as hes not old enough to be jealous, doesnt understand 'wait a minute' while i might have to do something for bubs! I was walking around breastfeeding the other day :o
    Harris is older though so it may be easier to explain to him?

    Your morning sounded awesome and very calming. The fruit and bpveg sounds devine aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristy.

    Interesting to hear your experience Shar. I imagine I will be doing some mobile breastfeeding as well. I think Harris will be OK most of the time - it will just be the feeding times that are tough.
    Andjxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the final days of pregnancy so well. You can't wait for it to end, and yet you worry about how your life is about to change (again).

    Your little bloke will adapt; they all do. You can only do your best to share your attention between them.

    And yay, breastfeeding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you for having such a wonderful time with your pregnancy. And suddenly I was craving for pineapples too!

    ReplyDelete