Thursday, May 5, 2011

Warming up for winter..

Now that my personal internal heater has become my personal external heater:



I am absolutely freezing whenever he is NOT on me! Which has only really been the last few days - until now he has been mr Velcro baby living on me or hubby both in and out of the sling.


This has been a rare sight!!

However - today he has graced me with a baby carrying free day and decided to sleep in the bassinet - which for my arms and shoulders = YAY. It also equals yay for the two + weeks of housework that needed doing. I feel so much better now that I have removed some clutter from the living area of the house (even if I did only put it all in a laundry basket to deal with another time!).

So while I was pondering what I would have for lunch I came across a nice warming lentil soup recipe which I had to alter to make a little less plain. BUT it is mighty tasty and I thoroughly recommend it for warming purposes!.

Spiced Red Lentil Chicken Soup
 
 


Serves ~4

1 tblsp Oil (I used rice bran oil)
1 medium onion, diced
1 tin (400g) diced tomatos
1 Medium Carrot - diced
3 Sticks Celery - diced
2/3 cup red lentils
1/3 cup pearl barley
1 Lt Chicken stock
1/4 cup Rogan Josh curry paste (or any you have on hand)
300g Cooked chicken breast - diced

Warm oil in soup pan, adding onion and cooking gently until softened. Add curry paste and mix together, cooking for a minute or so. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, lentils, barley, carrot and celery - bring to boil, stirring then reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 25 minutes - stirring occasionally.
Add chicken breast when there is approximately 10 minutes of cooking time remaining.


mmnnn....warming and spicy and filling lunch!!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment