Sunday, March 7, 2010

Reflections

Looking back over the first week - I have been pretty happy with how everything is going.
I have managed all the food well and I have surprised myself with how I have slipped back into the training mindset and have begun to feel the daily rhythm of training again.
I have found the just get it done mindset which is great.

A few people have had problems with dealing with negative people on the 12wbt Forums - but I don't really go on forums because that is something I don't have time for - so I am not bothered by that at all.

I think that I am finding this easy because I have done it before and like muscle memory - it all comes back fairly easily.


The one thing I have been struggling with is the difference in my body composition since having a baby - I couldn't figureit out. How could I possibly weigh less or the same as what I did before the baby and yet be physically bigger? It hit me like a train on Saturday morning and I went - oooohhhhhh.......

I have finally realised the value of having a good amount of muscle on my body - it is the whole weigh more but be smaller principle. The fact that fat takes up more space that muscle etc etc. I realised that I have lost quite a bit of muscle over the past couple of years (probably on the vicinity of 2 - 3 kg)and that I have obviously put that amount of weight on again in fat.2 -3 kg of Fat is going to look much different to 2 - 3 kg of muscle!

So at the end of this I may actually weigh a fair bit less than my previous ideal weight to achieve the same look.

I have a mindset problem with what weight I sit at and once I get to around 65kg I start to think I look too skinny etc. I may need to try and overcome that line of thought.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment