Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cuteness Overload!


I think that kids just know when they are cute and they learn pretty quickly to play upon it. In the past week my boy seems to have turned into a monkey and has learnt than he can climb up things to get what he wants to reach.  You may think it strange that he is past 2 and only just learning how to do this - in fact - I think he has always known how its just that sometimes he doesn't know that he can just do it whenever he wants.
A good example of this is his big boy bed - we were certain that it would be difficult to keep him in his bed once we moved him, and yet he stays in there and still cry's for us to come and get him out in the morning. In fact he wont get up until we tell him to! I'm not complaining mind you! LOL.

Back to the original story - I was cooking dinner tonight and he wasn't being all that quiet but the sounds that were coming from the living room told me that he was up to something. Earlier in the day I had cut his nails and put the nail scissors on top of the change table that is currently residing in the living room. I came in from poaching chicken to find him climbing on top of his bike seat in order to reach the nail scissors. I growled at him and sent him to the corner for climbing on things that he shouldn't have been climbing on and he just sat there in the corner grinning at me - the cuteness was overwhelming!

It is so difficult to teach them boundaries at this age - you want to keep them safe and teach them about things that might hurt them but at the same time you don't want to be yelling at them every five seconds - especially for things that are a normal part of exploration at this age.

I however must work on my  'poker face'!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment