Monday, March 21, 2011

It's nothing to be too worried about but....

Source


When those words are coming from your obstetrician's mouth it kind of sets your heart racing a little bit.
I had my standard check up appointment this afternoon and everything flowed smoothly - he likes to keep you calm and ensure you that everything looks great.

Right at the end he said those little words, ending the sentence with I'd like to send you for an ultrasound to check that baby is growing OK as it is measuring a little small for dates.

So YAY! I get to see the baby on another scan but not so much yay for the reason. I don't really feel as though he is all that small - just that he is good at curling up and that he is lying quite low in my abdomen.  But all will reveal itself in the scan on Wednesday.

What does it mean?

 Well any possible number of things - but if he really is small then there is the chance that he will need to get out earlier than originally planned. 

I will keep you posted!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure all will be fine Andrea, look forward to hearing on weds and Tay on getting to see him again!

    ReplyDelete