Monday, July 19, 2010

Detox time!

After doing some reading in the past week I have realised that I have really been poisoning my body with crap these past few months. A lot of coffee, white bread, processed food and alcohol. When I was training more regularly and only had myself to think about I ate SO healthily. I knew how to make great choices and I did so preferentially. I had (mostly) beaten my sugar addiction and was committed to eating that way because I liked how it made me feel. Somewhere along the way I lost all that.

I was chatting to a friend today about Nutiritiony type things (She is a naturopath and very knowledgeable about these things) and I realised this very fact about how much my eating has changed. We were talking about pre-natal nutrition and how certain supplements can help with morning sickness etc. She mentioned that keeping a steady blood sugar level can help - which makes a lot of sense. So how to keep a steady blood sugar level? Low GI, minimally processed foods - especially carbohydrates.

So my pledge and committment to my readers is:

* For the next two weeks I aim to purge my habits of processed and refined sugars, highly processed foods and alcohol. I am allowed to partake in ONE caffinated beverage each day and taht is to be of high quality and organic. Carbohydrate consumption is to be limited to non-wheat varieties. I will purge my body of my sugar addiction*

I will measure this by aiming to post my progress on here daily. I would love some feedback so that I know I am making this committment to real people on not just the space of the interweb! My daily posts may only be small but I will post how I am going each day!

In starting how I mean to continue - my food for tomorrow has been prepared already:

A boiled egg with wilted spinach and 50g free range leg ham for breakfast
Raw brazil nuts, almonds and cashews for morning tea
Salmon Salad for lunch
Raw vegetables and hummus
Dinner - friends have offered to cook for us tomorrow night

Lets see how I go!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I need a detox too Andrea. My body is feeling yuck and headachy...

    I am going to try tomorrow as well to limit carbs to fresh fruit, veg and lentils and beans.

    I will be watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristy - I am following the detox guide in a book called the Clean and Lean Diet by James Duigan. It is really just basic healthy eating but sometimes you need a bit of a push. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided I will be starting Monday, I need to start running Monday, Wed and Friday as well to help me feel better. I might see if I can find the book at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you for making a commitment to eating and living clean. I know from experience how easy it is to slip back into bad eating patterns. Best of luck with it all, I'm sure you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete