Saturday, August 7, 2010

A rough patch

Well it has been a rough old few weeks - hence the lack of posting. And curious lack of detox!

about two weeks ago my Dad passed away after a long illness. It wasn't unexpected but these things are hard regardless.

I know that he had chosen this time and that he felt his work on this earth was done.

Amongst a million other things that we have had planned for a long time, this thrw a bit of a spanner in the works.

After we were in Brisbane I came down with the flu courtesy of Harris and was out with that for almost a week.

This past week I have been organising an event today on "Nurturing ourselves as Mothers". It went off without a hitch which I was very pleased about. But in the midst of all of that I haven't been doing much nurturing!

I have been reading and working through "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey. I am finding it is really helping me to work through a few things and I am trying very hard to based my actions and decisions more on principles. It is a slow process and I plan to work on it for a while.

I am also thinking of doing a Meditation course and possibly even taking up a once a week yoga session. I know what I need to do in many respects but I do need to find more time for centering of my mind. The question is - Can I go and actually relax?


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss of your Dad Andrea. I hope you are doing OK and finding the time for you. I love the 7 Habits, I find it timeless and really helpful in all relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the loss of your Dad Andrea - No time is an easy time even if they have been sick! On the 11th October it will be 1 yr since I lost my Dad, a few more firsts to conquer before then - fathers day and then what would have been his 70th birthday. It does not get easier - but we learn to get by without them - I am still trying to reach this spot. Thoughts are with you. xxx

    ReplyDelete