Tuesday, November 30, 2010

December already..

and we all know how quickly December flies by!

No picture today because I have been working on some other things and haven't really taken many recently.

At the end of 2009 I started a Certificate IV in Breastfeeding Education so that I could become a breastfeeding counselor - and I am so glad to have finished it - finally. Had I not fallen pregnant so quickly I might have finished it a little earlier, but the sickness left me unable to do all that much. However, I have worked really hard in the past two weeks to just get in and get it done so that it could be over before Christmas and before the baby came along.

Every single year it gets to December 1st and I think - gee I would love to have some nice things to decorate the house all festively. Then I spend the next three weeks thinking about it and it gets put aside until the following year. I think that the same thing will happen this year. However, I do have plans to make Christmas stockings for all of us - well at least Harris and Mark, prior to Christmas week! I might get to the advent calendar by next year. Harris will appreciate it more by then anyway. I bought part of his Christmas present this morning - a toy lawn mower - it is very cute!

I am quite exhausted at the moment and I am getting plenty of sleep so I figure that it must just be because I am run down on the whole.

We have our 20 week scan on Thursday and I am very much looking forward to seeing baby again...oh and finding out if it is a boy or a girl...

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Hey Andrea congrats on becoming an ABA counsellor. Not sure if u remember me but we met in 2005 in brissy when I was on an excursion with a group of students. Just wanted to say that it sounds as though we have quite a few parenting ideals in common-love for breastfeeding (I'm doing my cert iv to be a CE) attachment parenting etc. I have just had my second baby, a little boy, brother to my 2 year old little girl. Hope the rest of your pregnlabour and birth (I had my first baby using juju sundins principles and had a drug free labour and birth) is a happy and healthy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hi Debbie- I do remember - wow - hard to believe you still read my blog. That's awesome about doing the CE course. I have found the Counselling course hardwork and a bit much at times - but I do a lot of work for our group as well. Sounds like your timeline has been very similar to mine for child having and raising. I really find all the attachment parenting stuffquite fulfilling and am eager to be able to put it into practice a little more with the next one. I am working my way through the Juju book slowly. We will see how I go on the day I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really struggled with the whole attachment/gentle parenting when it comes to my 2 year old...she's quite the spirited little thing and trying to guide her behaviour using gentle ways is very, very challenging!!
    The thing that really got me through on 'the day' with my first baby is reminding myself that it's just a muscle working and vocalising, ie, 'aaahhhh'. Once the contractions became a bit tough, I upped the volume and that's all I needed throughout. And visualising the coffee plunger during the second stage. Unfortunately, these techniques just didn't cut it for me with my little boy, he was induced, posterior and a very long labour that needed assistance with delivery in the end :( Having said this, though, I think I was able to last the first 12 hours of active labour without pain relief because of what I had learnt the first time. 5 hours after that my little Rafe was born.

    ReplyDelete