Monday, February 7, 2011

TIme for an Update...



I know that it has been a long time between posts!

I guess that nothing all that exciting has been happening and this pregnancy seems to be plodding along at a nice pace and with me feeling not too bad at all.

Before Christmas I was experiencing many many problems with my hip, but since Christmas I don't seem to have had any problems.

Sure I have good days and bad days - but on the whole I am feeling good. I am 30 weeks this week and have still only put on just on 10kg which I am pretty happy about. I know that the baby needs to put on at least another 2kg as right now he is supposed to weigh around 1.5kg and when Harris was born he weighed 3.6kg. I'd be quite happy for this little boy to be around the same size.

For the past 8 - 10 weeks I have been doing a meditation for pregnancy and birth class which I have thoroughly enjoyed and found that I have gained some really useful skills that I hope to be able to employ when it comes to the crunch. Mostly about my thinking patterns and tension/fear responses and breaking that cycle to maximize all those feel good pain relieving hormones that the body produces naturally.

I thought that I would keep going with the mind body connection by introducing some Yoga practice also. I have wanted to get into Yoga for some time and the meditation practice has really helped me to see the mind-body aspects and benefits of a regular Yoga practice.

I find that it really does help me to focus on looking after my body and give me a great buzz afterwards. I find myself wanting to  nurture myself further through extra meditation practice and eating the best I possibly can. I know how great doing these things makes me feel and I just want to bottle it so that I can harness it to use whenever I am feeling like a boost.

Perhaps I have been missing that muscle burn you get from a good workout and the Yoga gives me that? Hard to say! But in order to harness that good endorphin feeling I am really going to try and focus for the next 10 weeks on harnessing it and being really healthy and nurturing to myself.

My plan is to post an update here just once a week, but I have become quite good at writing in my journal about how I am feeling each day - in an attempt to try and become more in-tune with my needs - so I can reflect on how I am going throughout the week there.


So the plan for this week:

Mind/Body

Monday - Yoga
Tuesday - Meditation script (I have a number of scripts on MP3 specifically for birth preparation)
Wednesday - Home Yoga practice in morning
Thursday - Meditation script
Friday - Home Yoga
Saturday - choose - see how I feel
Sunday - Off

Food
I have tended towards drinking more water than I normally would of late - just a natural draw to it as well as the fact it is one of the only drinks that doesn't give me indigestion!

I have also tended towards eating similar meals throughout the day each week of late -mostly from ease I think.

So the plan for this week is:

Breakfast - Museli, Fruit and Yoghurt



Lunch - Dinner leftovers of Salad and cheese sandwhich on Wholemeal bread





Snacks - Grape and Nectarines, Rice crackers with hommous, Yoghurt


 
  



       


post signature

1 comment:

  1. It's great to hear an update from you Andj :)

    Your yoga and meditation sessions good. I am going to start meditation sometime very soon. I have heard many benefits of both yoga and meditation.

    I was just thinking you might be interested in this birthing story from a friend of the eco-village I live in: http://www.aaev.net/news/files/birth-story-for-callum.pdf

    ReplyDelete