Thursday, April 7, 2011

Project Thursday

Procrastinating Much about posting today? You bet I am! This has been a dodgy crafting week to say the least. I have had one out of three projects turn out they way they were supposed to - so I will share a pic of that one with you all!



Yes - it is another bag! But not for me this time. This is a little goody bag for the H boy as a present from the baby. It is made using a pair of cargo pants using this pattern and instructions from Noodlehead.

It worked remarkably well - and given that the pants were a pair of maternity pants that were quite possibly the most uncomfortable maternity pants in the history of time - this was a much better use for them.

The contents of the bag include:

- a 'Baby' complete with wrap and nappies
- some colouring in pencils and a drawing book in a pencilcase
- a "zhu zhu" pet (funny mechanical toy hamster thing)
- a "Big Brother" T-Shirt
- some stickers


While I did find the cutting out of the fabric a little hard going - it was a very easy pattern to follow and sewed up easier than both of the bags I have made in the previous two weeks.

I also made another onesie and pants outfit for the baby this week but couldn't manage to cut the diamond pattern I wanted for the onesie applique well enough for my liking so I put it aside until I could be bothered to try again.

And I had an attempt at making an art folder (for the above-mentioned colouring in pencils and drawing book) using a pattern based on the Thank-You notebook cover from the Anna Maria Horner Book - Handmade Beginnings. Well lets just say that sometimes interfacing instructions don't translate all that well into Australian products and the end result - while neat - was flimsy and just didn't work.

I promise next week there will be no bags - I'm over making bags!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment